Are you passionate about coding and enjoy creating new solutions using PHP, MySQL and HTML? Do you want to become an integral part of a multi-award winning family owned business? If so, we may have a place for you at UKFast!
What’s the role all about?
We are looking for experienced, passionate and innovative PHP developers to join our forward thinking Research and Development team. Upon joining this team you will be working on a variety of internal and external projects to give both our team and our clients the best possible service and experience.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Working with different departments across the business to develop and improve both internal and client facing systems and processes
- Integrating external products and services via APIs to add new functionality to our wide range of websites and applications
- Working with our mobile App Team to extend systems to mobile devices for clients and engineers
- You will work across multiple different projects, both as an individual and as part of a team, with so much in the pipeline no two days are the same
- You will also have the opportunity to research and experiment with new emerging technologies to improve existing systems and develop new products and services
What skills do I need to have?
- Industry experience in object-orientated PHP development
- A good understanding of OOP
- Self-motivation and the ability to produce quality results working to deadlines on fast-paced projects
- Experience implementing cross browser/device solutions and working with content management systems
- You should be proficient working with and building RESTful web services and APIs
- A passion for writing scalable, clean code
What’s the earning potential?
We offer a salary of £24-35k depending on experience
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions