What will my responsibilities be?
Reporting directly to the Group’s Finance Director you will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management. The role will encompass forecasting, cash management, internal monthly reporting and business partnering with key divisional management.
This is a ‘hands-on’ role and you will be responsible for all traditional month-end processes including balance sheet reconciliations, capital expenditure tracking and reporting and P&L analytics and commentary.
UKFast is an award-winning, family- run business with extraordinary team benefits, an unbeatable work culture and incredible progression opportunities. Take your career to the next level with our professional development exams and continuous high-quality training - ready to set you on the path of becoming a finance director.
As a management accountant, you will build amazing relationships with our clients and suppliers, experience a wide variety of tasks and challenges, and help support our fast-growing business within a dynamic and exciting team.
Day to day you will support the finance team by:
- Working with the Group Finance Director and Group Financial Controller, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, capital expenditure tracking and reporting, management accounts analytics and commentary.
- Forecasting, cash management, internal monthly reporting and business partnering with key divisional management.
- Reviewing and improving processes and controls
- Providing support to the sales and purchase ledger teams.
- Assisting with the monthly payroll processes.
- Preparing for annual statutory audits and liaising with external advisors during this process
- Preparation, reconciliation and processing of returns – Corporation tax, PAYE & NICs, P11Ds and VAT
…And plenty of other activities to dig your teeth into!
Skills we are on the lookout for:
- Newly/Part-qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA accountant, with a minimum 2 years accountancy experience. Consideration will also be given to candidates trained in practice with a minimum of 12 months’ experience in industry
- Responsible for owning or having in-depth experience of being involved in month end management accounts processes with aspirations of developing into a Divisional Financial Controller within the next 12-18 months
- A good communicator
- Commercially minded
- A team player who is enthusiastic with a positive can-do attitude
- Able to prioritise, multi-task and work on own initiative
- Goal orientated and driven
- Looking for the opportunity to develop and step up to bigger and greater challenges
- Adaptable and experienced working within a fast paced environment
If you get excited by spreadsheet formulas but would also love a great social life and fun working environment - then we would love to hear from you!
What's the earning potential?
We offer a competitive salary depending on experience, and provide study support.
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest– festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected