Would you love to take ownership of the financial reporting and planning processes of a forward-thinking, fast growing business? Do you thrive in a fast pace environment and enjoy being part of an amazing team culture? Do you want to become an integral part of a multi-award winning family owned business? If yes, we may have a place for you at UKFast!
We have a fantastic opportunity as a Management Accountant at UKFast. In this role you get to build amazing relationships with existing customers, resolve customer queries as well as providing commercial insight and analysis to assist the Board of Directors with commercial decision making.
With a number of exciting projects and potential acquisitions in the pipeline, the role is intended to develop over the course of the next 12-18 months with divisional/subsidiary Financial Controller opportunities likely.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will my responsibilities be?
Reporting directly to the Group’s Finance Director you will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of the Group’s high growth online security division. The role will encompass forecasting, cash management, internal monthly reporting and business partnering with key divisional management.
This is a ‘hands-on’ role and you will be responsible for all traditional month-end processes including balance sheet reconciliations, capital expenditure tracking and reporting and P&L analytics and commentary.
Other responsibilities include:
- Reviewing and improving processes and controls
- Preparing for annual statutory audits and liaising with external advisors during this process
- Preparation, reconciliation and processing of returns – Corporation tax, PAYE & NICs, P11Ds and VAT
- Working with the financial accountant and advisors of the Group’s overseas trading entity, ensuring all statutory obligations and tax filing requirements are met
- Analysing financial performance and KPIs and contributing to medium and long-term business planning/forecasting processes for all Group companies
- Providing financial reporting and analysis to support key commercial projects and potential acquisitions
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with non-finance staff
What skills do I need to have?
- CIMA qualified or part-qualified accountant, with a minimum 2 years accountancy experience. Consideration will also be given to ACA/ACCA candidates trained in practice with a minimum of 12 months’ experience in industry
- Responsible for owning or having in-depth experience of being involved in month end management accounts processes with aspirations of developing into a Divisional Financial Controller within the next 12-18 months
- Experience of working in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment, high growth corporate or private equity backed business
- Commercially minded
- A good communicator
- Goal orientated and driven
- A team player who is enthusiastic with a positive can-do attitude
- Able to prioritise, multi-task and work on own initiative
- Looking for the opportunity to develop and step up to bigger and greater challenges to join an organisation with a defined path for progression
What benefits are on offer?
- Competitve salary
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- An extra week holiday when you get married
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after 1 year of service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after 2 years’ service
- Award-winning training and education centre with two full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- Table tennis and pool tables to play all day, every day!
- Computer game area – so get your game faces on
- Gymnasium – great way to keep in shape
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Football/Netball/Running Clubs
- Steam room to relax
- Monthly pub quizzes – friends and family can also come along
- Free fruit delivered fresh to the office daily
- Recording studio
- Onsite parking
- Summer BBQs at founder’s home
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 expected to attend in 2016
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Future plans to have dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Plans for a Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contribution
- Reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing to Switzerland!
- We’re also big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1k after 5 years with us and an amazing £10k bonus after 10 years in the family