Qualified/Part Qualified Management Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
Accountants can sometimes have a bad rep for being a little boring but at UKFast we believe in breaking smashing the mould! Are you a future money master? Is Warren Buffett or Christine Lagarde your idol? We are looking for finance protégés who will be driven to step up and develop in one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK.
Would you love to take ownership of the financial reporting and planning processes of a forward-thinking, fast growing business?
Do you love numbers and have a high attention for detail?
Are you driven and looking for a new challenge?
If you answered a big ‘yes!’ to all of the above then it’s very likely that you are exactly who we are looking for.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will my responsibilities be?
Reporting directly to the Group’s Finance Director you will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of the Group’s high growth online security division. The role will encompass forecasting, cash management, internal monthly reporting and business partnering with key divisional management.
This is a ‘hands-on’ role and you will be responsible for all traditional month-end processes including balance sheet reconciliations, capital expenditure tracking and reporting and P&L analytics and commentary.
UKFast is an award-winning, family- run business with extraordinary team benefits, an unbeatable work culture and incredible progression opportunities. Take your career to the next level with our professional development exams and continuous high-quality training - ready to set you on the path of becoming a finance director.
As a management accountant, you will build amazing relationships with our clients and suppliers, experience a wide variety of tasks and challenges, and help support our fast-growing business within a dynamic and exciting team.
Day to day you will support the finance team by:
- Working with the Group Finance Director and Group Financial Controller, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, capital expenditure tracking and reporting, management accounts analytics and commentary.
- Forecasting, cash management, internal monthly reporting and business partnering with key divisional management.
- Reviewing and improving processes and controls
- Providing support to the sales and purchase ledger teams.
- Assisting with the monthly payroll processes.
- Preparing for annual statutory audits and liaising with external advisors during this process
- Preparation, reconciliation and processing of returns – Corporation tax, PAYE & NICs, P11Ds and VAT
…And plenty of other activities to dig your teeth into!
Skills we are on the lookout for:
- Newly/Part-qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA accountant, with a minimum 2 years accountancy experience. Consideration will also be given to candidates trained in practice with a minimum of 12 months’ experience in industry
- Responsible for owning or having in-depth experience of being involved in month end management accounts processes with aspirations of developing into a Divisional Financial Controller within the next 12-18 months
- A good communicator
- Commercially minded
- A team player who is enthusiastic with a positive can-do attitude
- Able to prioritise, multi-task and work on own initiative
- Goal orientated and driven
- Looking for the opportunity to develop and step up to bigger and greater challenges
- Adaptable and experienced working within a fast paced environment
If you get excited by spreadsheet formulas but would also love a great social life and fun working environment - then we would love to hear from you!
What's the earning potential?
We offer a competitive salary depending on experience, and provide study support.
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest– festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected