What will my responsibilities be?
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance you will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management of the Group Companies. The role will encompass cash management, monthly management accounts and statutory/tax/VAT reporting for a portfolio of Companies.
The Management Accountant position is a ‘hands-on’ role and you will be responsible for all traditional month-end processes including balance sheet reconciliations, capital expenditure tracking and reporting and P&L analytics and commentary. You will be tasked with supporting the junior team members, organising the team workload and building amazing relationships with our clients and suppliers. You will experience a wide variety of tasks and challenges, and help support our fast-growing businesses within a dynamic and exciting team.
You will review, improve processes and controls, providing support to the sales, purchase ledger teams, and assisting with the monthly payroll processes. You will assist in preparing for annual statutory audits and liaising with external advisors during this process and be heavily involved in the preparation, reconciliation and processing of returns – Corporation tax, PAYE & NICs, P11Ds and VAT.
Skills we are on the lookout for:
- Newly/Part-qualified CIMA/ACA/ACCA accountant, with a minimum 2 years accountancy experience. Consideration will also be given to candidates trained in practice with a minimum of 12 months’ experience in industry.
- Responsible for owning or having in-depth experience of being involved in month end management accounts processes with aspirations of developing into a Divisional Financial Controller within the next 12-18 months.
- A good communicator.
- Commercially minded.
- A team player who is enthusiastic with a positive can-do attitude.
- Able to prioritise, multi-task and work on own initiative.
- Goal orientated and driven.
- Looking for the opportunity to develop and step up to bigger and greater challenges.
- Adaptable and experienced working within a fast paced environment.
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
- Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
- A Tax paid bonuses of £1000 after 5 years, and an amazing £10,000 after 10 years.
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service.
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn.
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married.
Our facilities and perks:
- On-site gym with steam room with weekly boot camp and Yoga classes.
- Sports clubs such as running, football and netball
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles to play
- Free fresh fruit delivered to the office
- A bar - free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
- A giant slide
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Onsite parking
- Quiet zones and sleeping pods
- Bring your dogs to work every day with plans in place for kennels in the near future