Do you have an eye for detail and a passion for fixing and building things? If so, then we may have a place for you at UKFast!
Working across 5 sites and alongside our existing facilities and maintenance team, we are looking for an apprentice with a strong attention to detail, high standards and a can-do attitude.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
- To effectively plan and organise maintenance tasks
- To carry out preventative maintenance work
- To be responsible for tools and equipment ensuring that it is maintained in a safe and usable condition
- Replace lights, taps, washers, cabling, computer equipment, plugs, electrical equipment etc.. as required
- Carry out other maintenance duties as considered reasonable by your line manager
- Keep the grass cut, garden areas weed free and garden edges trimmed
- To plant out as required and care for plants
- To keep all garden areas, paths and access routes clear and free from rubbish
- To complete different aspects of the apprenticeship scheme
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably required within the scope of the post. e.g. plumbing, carpentry, electrical, car maintenance and decorating
- You may also carry out basic security cover.
What we require:
- Knowledge of safe manual handling
- Awareness and understanding of best practice in terms of health and safety
- Full clean UK driving licence is desirable
- Previous experience in a similar environment is desirable
- A keen interest in DIY
- The ability to recognise potential health and safety hazards to yourself, other team members, residents and members of the public
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above including Maths and English (Functional Skills are acceptable).
Year 1 Academic Programme:
- Working with a training provider we will provide you with a full training and development programme starting with the Level 2 Facilities Services Apprenticeship
- Together with you, we will develop your own individual personal development plan to help you in your learning journey and career.
Years 2 & 3 Academic Programme:
At UKFast we pride ourselves on being able to offer our employees continual professional development and career opportunities supported by world-class tools, training and technology. We have clearly defined career pathways and individual development plans to help you get there. Once you have achieved your Level 2 Facilities Services Apprenticeship you will have a number of choices. This will be dependant on your performance in year 1. There will be the option to either move on to the Level 3 Facilities Management qualifications or to develop as a Level 2/3 specialist in your chosen area.
What we offer:
- A starting salary of £11,000 per annum, your salary will be reviewed regularly in line with your progress and at the end of year 1
- In year 2 onwards your salary will increase in line with your performance and qualifications. From year 3 onwards you can expect to earn as much as graduates
- Extensive in-house training
- Support with exams/qualifications and purchase of relevant literature
- The opportunity for travel may arise so please make sure your passport is in date.
But we know it’s not all about the money!! As a Sunday Times Top 100 company, our Manchester office offers a unique work setting. We offer a unique, casual and fun environment with a whole range of features such as:
What we offer:
- Table tennis and pool tables to play all day, every day!
- Computer game area – so get your game faces on
- Crèche on site – bring your little ones into work
- Gymnasium – great way to keep in shape
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Football/netball/running clubs
- Steam room to relax
- Quarterly pub quizzes - friends and family can also come along
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- Free fruit delivered fresh to the office daily
- Bar – free drinks on a Friday afternoon!
- An extra week holiday when you get married after 1 years' service
- Recording studio
- Onsite parking
- Summer BBQs at the founder’s home
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 expected to attend in 2016
- Regular cinema nights and LAN gaming parties
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after 1 years' service
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after 2 years' service
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- We’re also big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1k after 5 years with us and an amazing £10k bonus after 10 years in the family
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contribution
Working hours during Apprenticeship
- This role will cover a shift pattern covering shifts of 8-5, 9-6 or 11-8 Monday-Friday.