Facilities & Maintenance Apprenticeship
Do you have an eye for detail and a passion for fixing and building things? If so, then we may have a place for you at UKFast!
Working across 5 sites and alongside our existing facilities and maintenance team, we are looking for an apprentice with a strong attention to detail, high standards and a can-do attitude.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
- To effectively plan and organise maintenance tasks
- To carry out preventative maintenance work
- To be responsible for tools and equipment ensuring that it is maintained in a safe and usable condition
- Replace lights, taps, washers, cabling, computer equipment, plugs, electrical equipment etc as required
- Carry out other maintenance duties as considered reasonable by your line manager
- Keep the grass cut, garden areas weed free and garden edges trimmed
- To plant out as required and care for plants
- To keep all garden areas, paths and access routes clear and free from rubbish
- To complete different areas of the apprenticeship scheme
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably required within the scope of the post. e.g. plumbing, carpentry, electrical, car maintenance and decorating.
- You may also carry out basic security cover
What we require:
- You must be under 25 years old
- Knowledge of safe manual handling
- Awareness and understanding of best practice in terms of health and safety
- Full clean UK driving licence is desired
- Previous experience in a similar environment is desirable
- A keen interest in DIY
- The ability to recognise potential health and safety hazards to self, other staff, residents and members of the public
- 5 GCSE at Grade C or above including Maths and English or 3 A-Levels Grade C or above, or their equivalent (e.g. a BTEC National Diploma).
Year 1 Academic Programme:
- Working with a training provider we will provide you with a full training and development programme starting with the Level 2 Facilities Services Apprenticeship
- Together with you, we will develop your own individual personal development plan to help you in your learning journey and career.
Years 2 & 3 Academic Programme:
At UKFast we pride ourselves on being able to offer our employees continual professional development and career opportunities supported by world-class tools, training and technology. We have clearly defined career pathways and individual development plans to help you get there. Once you have achieved your Level 2 Facilities Services Apprenticeship you will have a number of choices. This will be dependant on your performance in year 1. There will be the option to either move on to the Level 3 Facilities Management qualifications or to develop as a Level 2/3 professional and become a specialist in your chosen area.
What we offer:
- A starting salary of £11,000 per annum, your salary will be reviewed regularly in line with your progress and at the end of year 1
- In year 2 onwards your salary will increase in line with your performance and qualifications. From year 3 onwards you can expect to earn as much as graduates
- Extensive in-house training
- Support with exams/qualifications and purchase of relevant literature
- The opportunity for travel may arise so make sure your passport is in date!
But we know it’s not all about the money!! As a Sunday Times Top 100 company, our Manchester office offers a unique work setting. We offer a unique, casual and fun environment with a whole range of features such as:
- Onsite gym
- Steam room
- Pool Tables
- Computer game area
- Custom built training lab
- Onsite parking
As well as all of that, we have frequent team building events such as cinema nights, LAN parties and nights out, and have a training facility in Snowdonia where we inspire teams to walk up Mount Snowdon.
Do well and you may get an invite on a skiing trip to Verbier, Switzerland too!
This role will cover a shift pattern covering shifts of 8-5, 9-6 or 11-8 Monday-Friday.