What’s the role all about?
‘UKFast Space’ is looking for an Experienced Plasterer to be part of our growing creative team of workmen. You will be working alongside a great team of joiners/ builders/ plasterers and plumbers to build and create amazing spaces from Manchester to Switzerland (and everywhere in-between).
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Performs lath work necessary to patch holes in walls and ceilings.
- Mixes and matches plaster and stucco.
- Plasters newly constructed buildings, walls, and ceilings on metal and wood lath, tile, and brick, using two and three coat techniques.
- Patches old plaster, removes loose plaster, cuts out cracks, and applies new plaster.
- Completes plaster work with trowel or sand finishers.
What skills do I need to have?
- An excellent communicator
- Thrive in a fast paced team and be supportive of other team members
- Enthusiastic and passionate about the standard of your work
- Capable of working under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Have an eye for detail and a creative flare to make sure every piece is finished to an excellent standard
- Being committed to the job, happy to work long hours until the job is complete
- Wide knowledge in machining regulations, and a good general knowledge of health and safety
- Have the ability to travel from time to time due to nature of work
- Able to demonstrate relevant plastering qualifications or training
- A good knowledge of a wide range of materials
- Ability to work unassisted and within a team
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
What’s the earning potential?
- Up to £41,600 per annum depending on experience, plus overtime.
What benefits are on offer?
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after 1 years’ service
- A top of the range gym for employee use on site, including steam room
- Yoga classes twice a week with an external yoga teacher
- Boot camp with professional personal trainer once a week
- Free kettle bells, pyramid, spinning classes and circuit training
- Company ski trips to Switzerland and Las Vegas
- Free fruit delivered fresh to the office daily
- Get your Birthday OFF!
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- Bar – free drinks on a Friday afternoon!
- Crèche on site – bring your little ones into work
- Football/netball/running clubs
- Table tennis and pool tables
- Computer game area
- Monthly pub quizzes - friends and family can also come along
- An extra weeks holiday when you get married after 1 years’ service
- Recording studio
- Summer BBQs at the founder’s home
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 expected to attend in 2016
- Onsite parking
- Regular cinema nights
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after 2 years’ service
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing to Switzerland!
- We’re also big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1k after 5 years with us and an amazing £10k bonus after 10 years in the family