Disaster Recovery Engineer
What's the role all about?
Maintaining and growing our large scale shared and dedicated Commvault backups infrastructure. A small dedicated team working with both our internal engineering teams and customers to ensure the health and function of their backup solutions and assisting with recovery operations when needed.
An ideal opportunity for a candidate looking to expand their knowledge of recovery of Windows, Linux, VMWare & Hyper-V on solutions ranging from single servers up to tens of thousands of VMs.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will your responsibilities be?
We are looking for both junior and senior members of our team to:
- Provide 3rd line support for our backups platforms
- Assist with capacity management and platform growth
- Work with the team to help design and architect new backups solutions for customers
- Troubleshooting backups errors up to and including the Host OS
- Advising clients on backups issues
What skills do you need to have?
- Experience building/installing/maintaining and supporting existing backups solutions (Commvault is not essential but a plus)
- Experience with at least one of the following
- Windows (2008/2012/2016)
- Linux (Ubuntu/CentOS/RHEL)
- VMWare (5.1 )
- Storage Arrays (Benefit but not essential)
- Dell Compellent
- Dell Powervault
- Dell Equallogic
- Experience with DRaaS products
What's the earning potential?
18k - 35k
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our incredible festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years’ service
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also welcome
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected