An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Digital Designer to join the UK's most pioneering technology company. The ideal candidate is an outstanding and hands-on designer, with a passion for branding and solid experience in creating innovative, digital work.
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
Working closely with our in-house front-end development team, you will work on a variety of design jobs ranging from interface design, through to exciting new and existing digital clients all looking for the latest thought out and well planned online journeys. You will be involved from initial idea generation to execution, be a self-starter and be able to motivate the rest of team with your designs and thinking.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Relentlessly curious - always exploring new design and technology trends
- Passionate about graphic design, typography, interactivity
- Conceptual thinker and problem solver who embraces challenges, always looking to add your own spin to a brief
- Self-motivated but team orientated
Your responsibilities will be:
- Working with the digital director to set the standard for digital design in the agency
- Working in a team of frontend developers, technologists and UX designers to solve big brand challenges
- Responsible for accomplishing and maintaining the quality of design throughout all phases of the project
- Working on everything from initial brainstorming, concept development, visual identity and execution of ideas for websites, apps, installations, and social media channels
- Helping with pitches by creating presentations, generating ideas and building rapid prototypes
- Able to mentor junior members of staff to maintain quality standards and help foster innovation within the creative team
- Good design experience with a great portfolio to prove it
- Great taste and an eye for detail
- A deep understanding of design principles, including UX, UI and Responsive Design trends
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite - specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Basic understanding of web technologies
- Motion graphic experience is a plus
- Endless amount of enthusiasm and energy to create great work
What’s the earning potential?
We offer a salary of £20-40k dependant on experience.
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- £4000 bonus to anyone who designs a new software that is developed and used by the business
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected