This is a chance for someone to fully own a data project and make a massive impact on the business, whilst developing and driving the role in the direction they want.
Ideally candidate will have been working in BI dev or data admin for several years and understand concepts like Cubes, data quality, statistical analysis and would be proficient in MYSQL.
This is an ideal time to join this team at the beginning of an exciting journey of moving the business to a more data driven environment.
The job role consists of managing and maintaining a SQL 2016 data warehouse and the reporting services which are handled by PowerBI Report Server. You will be able to lead the company in its analytical endeavours when it comes to the data warehouse and will have free reign when it comes to the design allowing you to build out the data warehouse as you see fit.
What will my responsibilities be?
- Manage and architect the data warehouse
- Work closely across the business to deliver key management information and reports
- Maximise the benefits of the MS Power BI stack
- Provide operational support to business-critical BI solutions
- Data extraction from multiple sources for reporting purposes.
- Data integrity checks
- Reporting Performance Tuning/Optimisation.
What skills do I need to have?
- 2 years of BI development and delivery experience
- Strong data warehousing skills with preferably Kimball methodology
- Strong SQL Server development skills across SSIS and T-SQL, exposure to SQL 2016 is preferable
- Experience with the PowerBI stack
- Experience with the configuration of SQL HA options including SQL Clusters and Always-On.
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
What is desirable?
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- £4000 bonus to anyone who designs a new software that is developed and used by the business
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions