Event and Marketing Executive
What’s the role all about?
Are you super organised, driven and passionate about creating world-class experiences? Do you love lists, have an immaculate eye for detail and enjoy a fast-paced, varied role? Would you like the opportunity to work in Manchester’s most exciting events team? If so, then we have a place for you at UKFast!
Working in one of Manchester hottest new events spaces and externally across a wide variety of events from festivals and glamorous awards to corporate hospitality and exhibitions, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside our established events team and help co-ordinate the day-to-day running and logistics of a wide-ranging spectrum of events.
We are looking for new team players with fantastic organisation skills, a killer attention to detail, high standards and an enthusiastic can-do attitude. We want dynamic, friendly people that pride themselves on an outstanding ability to multi-task, foresee possible eventualities and pre-emptively make decisions whilst remaining calm under pressure.
From reindeer, dancers and giant snow globes to indoor forests, rugby matches and beaches in the car park - one day we can be in a muddy field and the next in the most glamourous venues in the country. We work hard to turn imagination into reality and make the impossible happen every day. Are you ready for an adventure?
Know someone right for the job? Share the role on social media!
What will my responsibilities be?
- Attending all UKFast events
- Coordinating and project-managing event bookings and client hospitality
- Liaising with speakers, clients and external suppliers including booking external equipment, furniture and catering
- Event copy-writing for website, event briefs and keeping online events calendar up-to-date
- Maintaining events admin information, keeping accurate records of all events, attendance and reporting
- Coordinating internal staffing and operational logistics
- Supporting the events and hospitality team with big projects
- Welcoming visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Providing a consistently high standard of visitor experience and managing their day-to-day requests
- Maintain basic events and AV equipment
- Upholding brand standards and event design themes
- Managing and reconciling budgets
What we require
- A keen interest in learning about world-class events and hospitality
- Excellent aural and written communication skills
- Strong telephone manner and people skills
- Must be able bodied in order to help set up events spaces
- Full clean UK driving licence and access to car
- An interest in AV and the ability to understand/work basic equipment.
- Ability to work flexible, varied hours including evenings, mornings and weekends when required, plus travel to various UK cities and foreign countries where required.
- Good computer skills and an knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- 8 GCSEs at grade C or above, including Maths and English, plus 3 A-levels at grade C or above.
- Two year’s previous event experience in a similar environment is desirable (e.g. B2B corporate events), as is a degree in events management, hospitality or similar.
What skills do you need to have?
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills
- Project and time management
- Proactive and forward thinking
- Strong sense of responsible
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Being industrious and diligent
- Being self-motivated and level headed
- Communication, presentation and listening
- Good grammar and written skills
- Strong communication and customer care skills
- Being able to interact and network with people
- Presentation/Appearance as client facing role as brand ambassador
- Intelligence and culture
What’s the earning potential?
- We offer a salary of £18-25K depending on experience
What benefits are on offer?
- Award-winning training and education centre with three full-time teachers who help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn
- On-site gym with steam room – we also have weekly classes such as Boot Camp and Yoga – there is something for everyone
- Birthdays off as a paid holiday
- UKFest – our yearly festival with live bands, free food and drink for the entire company, friends and family. The event is described as a mini-Glastonbury with over 1000 attending in 2016
- Private BUPA healthcare cover after a years’ service
- Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks
We also offer these if you’re interested:
- Regular cinema nights and LAN parties
- Friends and family open days where people related to the company come over to eat and drink with us at Christmas
- Referral scheme in which you can earn up to £500 for referring superstars to join the business
- Family days out to Chester Zoo
- An extra weeks holiday the year you get married
- Crèche on site – somewhere to play when your kids come to visit
We’ve got loads more too:
- Bar! Free drinks on a Friday to end the week
- Onsite parking
- Sports clubs such as running, football & netball
- Table tennis and pool tables – things can get competitive
- Console gaming area and arcade machines
- Regular pub quizzes with our very own quiz master - friends and family are also
- Fresh fruit delivered to the office
- Team building experiences climbing Snowdon
- We’re big believers in rewarding commitment, so you get £1000 after 5 years with us and an amazing £10,000 bonus after 10 years in the family
- We offer reward trips to amazing places such as Vegas or skiing in Switzerland!
- Top performers achieve VIP parking
- Future plans to have a dog kennels for all you dog lovers
- Share Scheme for the entire business to make people feel rewarded and connected
- Pension Scheme with significantly higher matched contributions