- Cisco will aim to support Russia's venture capital community and offer an incremental $100 million and "a deepening of its collaborative model with Almaz Capital Partners." Cisco provided a $30 million anchor investment into the Almaz Russia Fund 1. Cisco will also increase the number of Cisco Networking Academies in Russia to 300.
- The networking giant will build a facility in Skolkovo, a city that will aim to develop sustainable social, economic and environmental practices.
- Cisco will build R&D capability in Russia. Cisco will create a second headquarters for the emerging technologies group and relocate engineering talent in Skolkovo. Cisco will also start up internal ventures in Russia.
- The company will collaborate on business models and create start-ups with Russian VCs.
- And finally, Cisco will create a model to collaborate with Russian business in verticals such as smart grids, financial services, broadband and exports.
View Business News Archive