Load Balancer: Our next generation load balancing solution
Handle even the busiest times
02/12/2021, Manchester: Today we’re introducing our latest Load Balancing solution, which allows businesses to self-serve from within MyUKFast, and offers new game-changing functionalities powered by a publicly available API.
The new solution helps organisations better manage large network activity, handle surges in peak traffic and ultimately ensure your site stays online when it matters the most.
What’s new with our latest load balancer release?
At its core, a load balancer makes sure too much traffic does not get sent to a single server. And by distributing traffic, you can be confident your service will stay online, even during your busiest season.
Here’s some of the features that make it possible:
- Layer-7 load balancing with GUI and API: Ensures the product is user friendly so less technical users can configure a load balanced cluster, and more advanced users can integrate their own automation
- No bandwidth or connection fees: Meaning no surprise bills at the end of the month
- Modern security ciphers and protocols (TLS 1.2 & 1.3, HTTP/2): A must have requirement for organisations looking to secure compliance accreditations
- Ability to allow/deny IP addresses and ranges: For increased security and low-level DDoS protection
- Simplified management: Meaning common actions are a button click away to make day-to-day management of the infrastructure a breeze
- Conditional ACLs supported: To enable fine-grained control over traffic
The benefits of load balancer for UKFast customers
We’ve built the load balancer with a focus on self-service. Not only does this mean you pay one single fee – with no hidden costs should your site be inundated with demand – it gives you unrivalled control to manage your site traffic through MyUKFast. This means the following for your customers:
- Added redundancy and failover capacity: Regardless of what gets thrown at the network, the service keeps running, so your customers always have access to your site. Even if a server fails, there’s another primed and ready to take over.
- Uninterrupted service, even during maintenance: If you need to make updates to a server, you can divert traffic through another one until the update is complete and then switch it back on again after testing the updates. At no point do you have to turn a service off, so your end users receive uninterrupted browsing sessions, and employees can continue working unaffected in any situation.
- Management of encryption certificates: Instead of managing and updating each server individually, you can simply provision the load balancer to manage them all. This mitigates encryption risk, saves management time, and ensures your customers can always access the most up to date information.
Find out more about our load balancing solutions
If you need and expect high availability for your systems or service, load balancing is a critical part of your tech stack. In a world where everything is about speed and convenience, you can’t afford for a service to fail or a network to run slow.
Contact us today to find out how you can take advantage of the load balancer to ensure your networks run fast and your services remain available, 100% of the time.