Microsoft Assessment and Planning (MAP) Toolkit 5.0 is now available for download.
MAP 5.0 is a tool designed to simplify IT infrastructure planning processes via automated discovery and assessments of network-wide devices. It performs an inventory of heterogeneous server environments and in addition will gather usage information for Windows operating systems, SQL Server and other MS software products. Migration assessment tools also allow for planning with regards to moving from previous technology versions to the latest versions.
What’s new with MAP Toolkit 5.0?
- Heterogeneous server environment inventory
- Software usage tracking for Windows Server, SharePoint Server, System Center Configuration Manager, Exchange Server, and SQL Server
- Microsoft Office 2010 readiness assessment
- SQL Server discovery and assessment for consolidation
- Windows 2000 Server migration assessment
More information on this tool can be found at the MS technet site here.