Something I’ve never blogged on but often take advantage of are the Microsoft Infrastructure Planning and Design (IPD) Guides.
A quick look at what they cover…..
“Guidance that aims to clarify and streamline the planning and design process for Microsoft® infrastructure technologies.”
- Defines decision flow
- Describes decisions to be made
- Relates decisions and options for the business
- Frames additional questions for business understanding
some of the technologies they are currently published for…..
- IPD Guides for Virtualization
- IPD Guides for Windows Server
- IPD Guides for System Center
- IPD Guides for SQL Server
- And more..
shows you that if you need some advice as to how to lay out an infrastructure for, say, Remote Desktop Services (RDS) – replaced Terminal Services in Q3 2009) deployment – a great place to go for information is the RDS IPD guide site.
Of course, here at UKFast we have a very close working relationship with Microsoft which enables us to leverage both the information contained within these guides plus our in house expertise and Microsoft consultancy. All of this allows us to be expert trusted advisors and implementers to our customers.