Windows Engineer (Junior)
UKFast is a Sunday Times Top 100 company based in Manchester City Centre. We are at the forefront of the web hosting industry and strive to remain there through the constant innovation and design of new technology. We are currently looking to for a Microsoft Certified IT Professional to join our existing tech support team.
By joining UKFast you will become an integral part of a multi award winning family owned business. Reporting to one of the Windows team leaders you will be:
- Assisting with and maintaining customer service solutions via telephone and tickets
- Advising with customer problems
- Helping with server setup/ configuration and support.
Being passionate about what you do is a pre-requisite for all employees at UKFast. In addition the successful candidate will:
- Be hugely passionate about technology
- Be a team player who is enthusiastic and bright with a can-do attitude
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to multi-task, prioritise and be able to work on your own initiative
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
- Goal orientated individual with a desire and commitment to personal development
- Be looking for the opportunity to step up to a more challenging role
- Have experience of Windows system administration in a networking environment
- Have experience of Windows systems in a hosting environment.
To meet customer requirements the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience Building, Installing, maintaining and supporting Windows 2003/2008 server(s).
- Experience Installing, Configuring and Supporting the following applications and services:
- Active Directory
- Mail Servers
- Hardware diagnostics & tools such as Raid controllers, Perfmon
- Experience with programming languages such as ASP, PHP, HTML.
The following level of qualification - certifications are required by the candidate to be considered for this role:
Our passion for people will be evident from day one. We invest in your development and provide generous incentives, benefits and rewards. Such as:
- Basic salary of £18-26k depending on experience
- An additional shift allowance is paid during 12 hour shifts
- Extensive in-house training
- Assistance with exams/qualifications, purchase of relevant literature and a bonus for each qualification obtained.
- Free City Centre gym membership
- Team building and events.
The role will cover working for 5 days as part of a Day rota covering 8-5, 9-6 or 11-8 shifts Mon - Sun. The role also includes night shifts on a rolling rota basis.
Why not have a chat with us about this role?
call 0844 576 3950 or
Apply online >