Experienced Windows Engineer
UKFast is a Sunday Times Top 100 company based in Manchester City Centre. We are at the forefront of the web hosting industry and strive to remain there through the constant innovation and design of new technology. We are currently looking to for a Microsoft Certified IT Professional to join our existing tech support team.
By joining UKFast you will become an integral part of a multi award winning family owned business. Reporting to the Windows team leader you will be:
- Assisting with and maintaining customer service solutions via telephone and email
- Advising with customer problems
- Helping with server setup/ configuration and support
- Helping with technical pre-sales
- Aiding with research and development.
Being passionate about what you do is a pre-requisite for all employees at UKFast. In addition the successful candidate will:
- Be a team player who is enthusiastic and bright with a can-do attitude
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to multi-task, prioritise and be able to work on your own initiative
- Be Microsoft Windows 2003+ certified
- Have experience of Windows system administration in a networking environment
- Have experience of Windows systems in a hosting environment
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Building/installing and supporting Windows 2003/2008 servers to meet customer requirements will require the candidate to have a working knowledge of Windows 2003 and 2008, Active Directory, DNS, IIS, FTP, Sharepoint server 2007/2010, Exchange 2007/2010, MSSQL 2005/2008, MySql and programming languages such as ASP, PHP, HTML
- SAN Storage and architecture experience - EMC/EqualLogic/Netapp/3par certified not required but highly regarded HP and/or Dell server hardware experience and understanding of products and server hardware capability in general (Intel CPUs etc.)
One or more of the following levels of qualification - certifications are required by the candidate to be considered for this role:
- VMware VCP
- Citrix CCA
- Storage vendor qualifications of similar level.
Our passion for people will be evident from day one. We invest in your development and provide generous incentives, benefits and rewards. Such as:
- Salary dependent on experience
- An additional shift allowance is paid during 12 hour shifts
- Extensive in-house training
- Assistance with exams/qualifications via study leave, purchase of relevant literature and a bonus for each qualification obtained.
- Free City Centre gym membership
- Team building and events
This role is for night shifts on a rolling rota basis - this is 8 weeks of working 4 days/nights on, 4 full days off for a 16 week period. You will then be working Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm whilst off the shift rotation.
Why not have a chat with us about this role?
call 0844 576 3950 or
Apply online >