Linux Engineer (Senior)
UKFast is a Sunday Times Top 100 company based in Manchester City Centre. We are at the forefront of the web hosting industry and strive to remain there through the constant innovation and design of new technology. We are currently looking to for a Microsoft Certified IT Professional to join our existing tech support team.
By joining UKFast you will become an integral part of an award-winning, family-owned business. Reporting to one of the Linux team leaders you will be:
- Assisting with and maintaining customer service solutions via telephone and email
- Advising with customer problems
- Helping with server setup/ configuration and support
- Helping with technical pre-sales
- Aiding with research and development
- Specialist project work.
Being passionate about what you do is a pre-requisite for all employees at UKFast. In addition the successful candidate will:
- Be hugely passionate about technology
- Be a team player who is enthusiastic and bright with a can-do attitude
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to multi-task, prioritise and be able to work on your own initiative
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
- Goal orientated individual with a desire and commitment to personal development
- Be looking for the opportunity to step up to a more challenging or specialist role
- Have extensive experience of Linux systems administration in a hosting environment
- Have experience of Linux systems administration in a HA environment
- Have an understanding of enterprise Linux solutions.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in one or more of the following:
- Extensive experience Building, installing, maintaining and supporting Linux server(s). Ideally Red Hat / Debian based distributions.
- Extensive experience in diagnosing various server issues using standard open source tools.
- Extensive experience with programming languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, HTML, SQL
- Extensive experience Installing, Configuring and Supporting the following applications and services:
- Apache / NGiNX
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
- FTP (including SFTP & FTPS)
- Mail Servers
- Networked / Clustered File Systems
- File / Filesystem Replication
- iSCSI / Fibre channel integration
- Red Hat Clustering
- High availability technologies.
One or more of the following levels of qualification - certifications are required by the candidate to be considered for this role:
- LPIC-3 / LPI304
- Ubuntu Certified Professional.
Our passion for people will be evident from day one. We invest in your development and provide generous incentives, benefits and rewards. Such as:
- Salary negotiable
- An additional shift allowance is paid during 12 hour shifts
- Extensive in-house training
- Assistance with exams/qualifications via study leave, purchase of relevant literature and a bonus for each qualification obtained
- Free City Centre gym membership
- Team building and events.
This role also includes night shifts on a rolling rota basis along with standard 5 days as part of the Day rota covering 8-5, 9-6 or 11-8 between Mon - Sun.
Why not have a chat with us about this role?
call 0844 576 3950 or
Apply online >