Linux Junior Technician
UKFast is a Sunday Times Top 100 company based in Manchester City Centre. We are at the forefront of the web hosting industry and strive to remain there through the constant innovation and design of new technology. We are currently looking to for a junior Linux engineer to join our existing tech support team.
By joining UKFast you will become an integral part of a multi award winning family owned business. Reporting to one of the Linux team leaders you will be:
- Assisting with and maintaining customer service solutions via telephone and email
- Advising with customer problems
- Helping with server setup/ configuration and support.
Being passionate about what you do is a pre-requisite for all employees at UKFast. In addition the successful candidate will:
- Be hugely passionate about technology
- Be a team player who is enthusiastic and bright with a can-do attitude
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to multi-task, prioritise and be able to work on your own initiative
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience
- Goal orientated individual with a desire and commitment to personal development
- Be looking for the opportunity to step up to a more challenging role
- Have experience of Linux systems administration in a hosting environment.
To meet customer requirements the ideal candidate will have:
- Experience Building, Installing, maintaining and supporting Linux server(s). Ideally Red Hat / Debian based distributions
- Experience Installing, Configuring and Supporting the following applications and services:
- Apache / NGiNX
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Mail Servers.
- Some exposure to programming languages such as PHP, Perl, Python, HTML, SQL
- Some exposure to diagnosing various server issues using standard open source tools
- Some exposure to command line scripting
- Experience with using Linux control panels, such as cPanel / Plesk.
Ideally one or more of the following qualifications:
Our passion for people will be evident from day one. We invest in your development and provide generous incentives, benefits and rewards. Such as:
- Basic salary of £18-22k depending on experience
- Extensive in-house training
- Assistance with exams/qualifications via study leave, purchase of relevant literature and a bonus for each qualification obtained.
- Free City Centre gym membership
- Team building and events
Why not have a chat with us about this role?
call 0844 576 3950 or
Apply online >