Experienced Linux Engineer
UKFast is a Sunday Times Top 100 company based in Manchester City Centre. We are at the forefront of the web hosting industry and strive to remain there through the constant innovation and design of new technology. We are looking for a RHCE Red Hat certified engineer (or equivalent) to join our existing Linux support team.
By joining UKFast you will become an integral part of a multi award winning family owned business. Reporting to the Linux team leader you will be:
- Assisting with and maintaining customer service solutions via telephone and email
- Advising with customer problems
- Helping with Linux server setup / configuration and support
- Helping with technical pre-sales
- Aiding with research and development
Being passionate is a pre-requisite for all employees at UKFast. In addition the successful candidate will:
- Be hugely passionate about technology
- Be a team player who is enthusiastic and bright with a can-do attitude
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to multi-task, prioritise and be able to work on your own initiative
- Be RHCE Red Hat certified or equivalent.
- Have experience of Linux system administration in a networking environment
- Have experience of Linux systems in a hosting environment
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience.
The ideal candidate will have:
- SAN Storage and architecture experience - EMC/EqualLogic/Netapp/3par certified not required but highly regarded
- HP &/or Dell server hardware experience and understanding of products and server hardware capability in general (Intel CPUs etc.)
- Building/installing and supporting Linux based servers to meet customer requirements this will require the candidate to have a working knowledge of DNS, Apache/Tomcat, FTP, Email, MySql/PostgreSQL or Oracle and programming languages such as perl, python, php or bash.
- Certifications are required by the candidate to be considered for this role: RHCE or equivalent.
Our passion for people will be evident from day one. We invest in your development and provide generous incentives, benefits and rewards. Such as:
- Salary dependent on experience
- An additional shift allowance is paid during 12 hour shifts
- Extensive in-house training
- Assistance with exams/qualifications via study leave, purchase of relevant literature and a bonus for each qualification obtained
- Free City Centre gym membership
- Team building and events
This role is for night/day shifts on a rolling rota basis - this is 8 weeks of working 4 days/nights on, 4 full days off. You will then be working Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm whilst off the shift rotation.
Why not have a chat with us about this role?
call 0844 576 3950 or
Apply online >