Disaster Recovery Engineer
UKFast is a Times Top 100 company based in Manchester City Centre. We are at the forefront of the web hosting industry and strive to remain there through the constant innovation and design of new technology.
Are you looking for your next adventure?
Do you have extraordinary powers and abilities?
Ready to join a new superhero team?
If so, we are looking for Disaster Recovery Engineer for our fast growing team.
By joining UKFast you will become an integral part of a multi award winning family owned business. Reporting to the DR team leader you will be:
- Assisting with and maintaining customer service solutions via telephone and tickets
- Management and maintenance for client back up solutions
- Advising with customer problems
- Helping with server setup/ configuration and support
- Ensuring protection of client services and data.
Being passionate about what you do is a pre-requisite for all employees at UKFast. In addition the successful candidate will:
- Be hugely passionate about technology
- Be a team player who is enthusiastic and bright with a can-do attitude
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to multi-task, prioritise and be able to work on your own initiative.
- Excellent customer service skills with working experience.
- Goal orientated individual with a desire and commitment to personal development.
- Be looking for the opportunity to step up to a more challenging role
- Have experience of Windows and/or Linux system administration in a networked environment
Desired Skills & Experience
To meet customer requirements, the perfect candidate will have:
- Experience Building, Installing, maintaining and supporting Windows 2003/2008 server(s).
- Experience Building, Installing, maintaining and supporting Linux server(s). Ideally Red Hat / Debian based distributions.
- Experience in diagnosing various server issues using standard open source tools.
- Experience Installing, Configuring and Supporting the following applications and services:
Our passion for people will be evident from day one. We invest in your development and provide generous incentives, benefits and rewards. Such as:
- Basic salary of £18-24k depending on experience
- An additional shift allowance is paid during 12 hour shifts
- Extensive in-house training
- Assistance with exams/qualifications, purchase of relevant literature and a bonus for each qualification obtained
- Free City Centre gym membership
- Pool table, table tennis and video game facilities
Why not have a chat with us about this role?
call 0844 576 3950 or
Apply online >