Data Centre Engineer
UKFast is a Sunday Times Top 100 company based in Manchester City Centre. We are at the forefront of the web hosting industry and strive to remain there through the constant innovation and design of new technology. We are currently looking for Datacentre engineers to join our existing tech support team.
By joining UKFast you will become an integral part of a multi award winning family owned business. Reporting to the Datacentre team leader you will be:
- Assisting with and maintaining customer solutions
- Liaising with other technical departments to support customer solutions
- Helping with server setup/ configuration and support
- Assisting in keeping the datacentre facilities operational 24/7
- Assisting with general housekeeping duties.
Being passionate about what you do is a pre-requisite for all employees at UKFast. In addition the successful candidate will:
- Be hugely passionate about technology
- Be a team player who is enthusiastic and bright with a can-do attitude
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have the ability to multi-task, prioritise and be able to work on your own initiative
- Work to an extremely high standard with attention to detail
- Goal orientated individual with a desire and commitment to personal development
- Be looking for the opportunity to step up to a more challenging or specialist role.
To meet customer requirements the ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience:
- Building and maintaining PCs
- With server hardware technologies such as RAID
- Experience with installing and initial setup of windows
- Experience testing and fault diagnosing components such as RAM, CPUs, Hard drives etc
- Experience in cabling with a keen eye for detail
- Have basic troubleshooting experience with windows server 2003 & 2008 and/or Linux
- Worked previously with HP/Dell server hardware.
One or more of the following levels of qualification - certifications would be beneficial by the candidate:
- CompTIA Server+
- CompTIA A+
Our passion for people will be evident from day one. We invest in your development and provide generous incentives, benefits and rewards. Such as:
- Basic salary of £18-24k depending on experience
- An additional shift allowance to be paid during 12 hour shifts
- Extensive in-house training
- Assistance with exams/qualifications, purchase of relevant literature and a bonus for each qualification obtained
- Free city centre gym membership
- Team building and events.
This role also includes night shifts on a rolling rota basis along with standard 5 days as part of the Day rota covering 8-5, 9-6 or 11-8 between Mon - Sun.
Why not have a chat with us about this role?
call 0844 576 3950 or
Apply online >